Serving 4, this delicate dessert combines the softness of toffee with the fluffy texture of pudding to create a sweet and light effect. Each bite will transport you to a world of subtle flavors and subtle caramel notes. To take this fun to the next level, we recommend pairing it with our Pisco Mosto Verde Quebranta . This pisco with its rich and balanced character enhances the caramel flavor and perfectly complements the sweetness of the pudding.
- 80g dates, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 100ml maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g of flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of liquid cream
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
Let's do it!
- Place the dates in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for about 20 minutes to cool, then use a fork to mash until smooth. Add the vanilla and reserve.
- While the dates are soaking, preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas and lightly grease a 1L baking dish. Place 60g butter, 100ml maple syrup, eggs, flour and baking soda. in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or whisk to form a dough. Add the date mixture.
- Pour the batter into a bowl. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the dough rises and is firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, to make the toffee sauce, melt the maple syrup and butter along with a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the cream and yogurt, then immediately remove the pan from the heat and stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread over the pudding and serve immediately with Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt.