This apple crisp is a great fall treat when apples are fresh and delicious. Be sure to serve as soon as you take them out of the oven. This delicious recipe yields 8 servings, perfect to pair with a Pisco Mollar at a meeting.
Try different types of apples to see what works best for you.
- Cooking spray
- 3 to 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Let's do it!
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and heat to 177°C. Spray the baking dish.
- Spread the apples evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, flour, sugar, melted butter, granulated sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Sprinkle over apples evenly
- Bake the crisp until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender when inserted with a knife, about 30 minutes. Remove the crisp from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes until easy to portion out of the baking dish. Serve warm.