Prepare your palate for a delicious combination of flavors and textures with our Persimmon and Quince Galette recipe that makes 8 servings. In this delicious creation, the light sweetness of the persimmon blends with the bitter and slightly spicy flavor of the quince, creating a unique harmony in each bite. With a crunchy base and a golden edge, La Galette is the perfect base to bring out the natural flavors of these fruits. To enrich this experience, we recommend pairing it with our Pisco Mosto Verde Mollar, which accentuates the nuances of the fruit and adds dimension to each bite. Experience this combination and discover how they complement each other perfectly.
- 100 g of quince (quince paste)
- 75g butter
- 75g golden brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Grated nutmeg
- Flour, for dusting
- 375 g of butter puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks, plus 1 for glazing
- 4 large persimmons
Let's do it!
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place another baking sheet in the oven to heat. Put the quince, 50g butter, 50g sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan and cook until the ingredients are melted, using a spoon to crush the quince. Let cool while you prepare the cake and persimmons.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough until it is about a quarter thick. Use a sharp knife to cut out a circle about 30cm in diameter (use an upside down bowl as a guide). Transfer the dough to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cut each persimmon into thin circles so that the star in the center is visible.
- When the quince mixture has cooled, add the egg yolks, then spread over the dough, leaving a 1.5cm gap around the edges. Arrange persimmon slices on top of the quince. Grate a little nutmeg, spread the rest of the butter and sprinkle with sugar. Fold the edges of the dough to form a rim and brush with the remaining egg yolk. Open the oven and carefully transfer the galette to a hot baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes until crisp and golden and the persimmons are tender. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.