What better way to cool off on a summer afternoon than with a delicious passion fruit dessert? The passion fruit semifreddo is a delicious and elegant option for any special occasion (Makes 10 servings). Also, if you want to surprise your guests with a perfect pairing, we recommend accompanying it with a glass of Pisco Mosto Verde Torontel , whose flavor perfectly complements the acid and refreshing flavor of the passion fruit. Prepare your palate for a unique and refreshing experience with this perfect combination!
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100g) powdered sugar
- Thick cream 300ml
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) passion fruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 125g strawberries , peeled, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 passion fruit, extra
Let's do it!
- Cover the bottom and sides of the dish with plastic wrap, making the edges stick out.
- With a whisk, beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a medium heatproof bowl until thick and creamy. Stirring constantly, place the bowl over a pot of boiling water and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture doubles in volume. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Using a whisk, beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add half of the cream to the egg mixture and mix gently until smooth. Add the remaining cream, passion fruit pulp, and lime juice and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared ramekins and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight to harden.
- Transfer the semifreddo to a serving plate. Garnish with strawberry slices and sprinkle with mint leaves. Sprinkle with fresh passion fruit pulp and serve immediately.